Invest in ex local authority. (ELA) property
Not only are ELA properties a source of convenient, spacious and affordable housing for young professionals, they can be purchased at a much lower rate per square foot than period stock. As a London investment property search agent, we source low rise properties away from the main estates. Many are small infill blocks in good residential areas which provides peace of mind for tenants and good capital growth prospects for our clients.
If any of the following statements apply to you, contact us now to discuss how ELA properties could work for you.
- You want an investment that produces a return of at least 6%, with both monthly income and the potential for capital growth.
- Your home has gone up in value, and you would like to release some of the profit to work harder for you, with the additional interest payments covered by your tenants.
- You have a nest egg from a pension, inheritance, business sale or divorce settlement and you want to invest it in something which produces an income.
- You would like to invest in high yield London residential property with the complete support of an experienced team. Who are there to do the legwork for you and steer you clear of the pitfalls.
- You understand the importance of buying the right property, in the right location, at the right price. You want the reassurance of working with partners who know the local market inside and out, who have access to regular off-market deals and whose reputation with selling agents is such that at Temples London, clients are often considered the strongest buyer even when making a lower bid.
PLEASE NOTE: You will need to have at least £150,000 GBP to invest (or that amount of releasable equity in your main residence).
How We Add Value
- Through our network of estate agents and landlords we regularly receive pre-market and even off-market opportunities.
- Approximately 50% of all general market sales fall through between acceptance of offer and exchange. This figure is virtually zero for Temples London. Why?
- By providing more certainty to vendors, agents will often recommend our offer ahead of any competition.
- Apart from a nominal engagement fee we do not charge unless we make a successful acquisition.
- Ben Temple has advised on over 150 residential investments in London, none of which have been loss-making. We estimate the average annual total return on equity (net income and capital uplift) to date, from an unaudited sample of predominantly unrealised investments exceeds 14%, assuming no borrowing is involved. Assuming borrowing of 75% LTV, this percentage is approximately 50%*.
Risk Warning; please be aware that past performance is no indicator of future performance and that property prices can fall as well as rise. Borrowing can also amplify any losses and independent financial advice should always be sought from a registered Independent Financial Adviser.
Read through the case studies below to see how Temples London can help you invest in residential property
Case Study: Overseas investor
Case Study: Expatriate based in Europe